Short Behavior Health Interventions: Following HIV/STI Testing
November 6, 2023
There are no credits available for this activity.
There is no fee for this educational activity.
Universal Activity Number
In this webinar, medical professionals will learn short behavioral interventions they can use before, during, and after providing clients’ with test results, to make the process more comfortable and relatable. Short behavioral interventions are based in human psychology and are practical, consistent, and short term. By implementing these interventions into daily practice, the goal is that clients’, including those from special populations, will have a better experience in your office and a greater likelihood of behavior change.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the role that human psychology plays in creating short behavioral interventions in medical practice.
- List at least 3 practical things they can do to set the stage for conversations about test results.
- Identify at least 3 practical things they can do to make the process of sharing test results more comfortable for the client.
- Discuss how to adapt short behavioral interventions to special populations such as minors, sex workers, and people with different abilities.
- Explain how personal bias may impact conversations about test results.
Note: This session does NOT offer continuing education credits.