Uniting for Health: Engaging Hispanic Faith-Based Organizations in HIV Prevention
October 6, 2023
There are no credits available for this activity.
There is no fee for this educational activity.
Universal Activity Number
This course will discuss the importance and need for engagement with faith groups and organizations specifically within the Latino/a/x community. There will be an exploration of the existing Latino/a/x focused faith groups and organizations in the Maryland area. Various resources will be shared that will inform both the personal assessment process as well as the development of either personal or organizational Strategic Religious Engagement plans. At the conclusion of the training, participants will be armed with tools to effectively form collaborative relationships with diverse Latino/a/x faith groups and organizations in order to further their HIV prevention work.
- Define Strategic Religious Engagement and other key terms inherent within diverse faith cultures
- List at least three prevalent faith groups within the Latinx community
- Discuss common challenges at the intersection of Faith and HIV
- List at least three resources for ongoing engagement capacity development
- Develop a Strategic Religious Engagement plan