Promoting Equity in BIPOC Healthcare through Community Engagement and PrEP Initiatives
July 28, 2023
July 28, 2024
AAPA, ACPE, AMA, ANCC, ASWB, APA, IPCE, ADA
There is no fee for this educational activity.
Universal Activity Number
This webinar discusses how to promote equity, improve access, and increase retention in care among Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities in healthcare. Faculty will dispel barriers and myths relating to PrEP use in BIPOC communities to encourage patients’ use of PrEP while emphasizing the importance of a strong patient-provider relationship. Additionally, faculty will provide innovative healthcare delivery methods and initiatives to improve patients’ knowledge of PrEP and to increase PrEP uptake.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of increasing PrEP utilization in BIPOC communities.
- Identify barriers and dispel myths that impede the engagement and retention of PrEP use in BIPOC communities.
- Describe how cultural humility, trauma-informed care, and other factors can strengthen the patient-provider relationship.
- Briefly summarize PrEP formulations, effectiveness, adherence, and appropriate indications for PrEP use for BIPOC patients.
- Describe innovative healthcare delivery methods to improve access to PrEP for BIPOC communities.
- Review and explain initiatives and unique strategies to increase PrEP uptake and retention in care among BIPOC patients.