MADAP Operations Update: 8/8/2022
On December 4, 2021, the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) experienced a network outage that impacted the MDH information technology systems, including the MADAP client database and network.
MADAP has resumed normal operations. Please see below for resumed expectations.
- The 24 hour turn around for access to pharmacy services after eligibility dates are updated has resumed.
- We are still working under a 10 day maximum turn around window for determinations. We are developing a receipt notification system for those who send documents via mail and fax. Documents received via email will receive an email notification acknowledging receipt of documents sent.
- All MADAP fax lines are operational.
- Annual recertification documents have resumed normal mail out schedules. All recerts are mailed by the 15th of the month prior to eligibility end dates. Ex. for an eligibility end date of September 30, the recert document will leave the MADAP office no later than August 15th.
- Annual recertification is now a pre-populated one page document. You may access a blank version of this document here. Supporting income and residency documentation is required to be returned with the one page recertification document.
- Any new MADAP client that was using a temporary MADAP ID should now have a permanent MADAP ID number. Please contact your assigned eligibility specialist if you have not received your permanent MADAP ID.
- We have resumed mailing out insurance premium payment receipts weekly.
- If you have a specific pharmacy issue and are transferred to a pharmacy specialist who is unavailable, please leave a message for them. Do not call the main line back.
We appreciate your patience, understanding, flexibility, and more than all, your encouragement as we worked through this matter. Please continue to check our website for the most current information on MADAP operations and new and upcoming training.
If you would like to be added to our listserv to receive these notices directly, please contact email@example.com.
For any questions or concerns that you may have, please contact the MADAP office at 410-767-6535 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are available from 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Walk-ins accepted until 4:00pm.