MADAP Operations Update: 6/2/2022
June 2, 2022
On December 4, 2021, the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) experienced a network outage that impacted the MDH information technology systems, including the MADAP client database and network. We have access to our client database and are working to update the database with all information collected over the last 5 months including eligibility, insurance, premium payments, and pharmacy claims. We will provide an update once the update has been completed.
We are processing new and recertifying clients within the database and are no longer required to use manual workarounds. Once an application is approved, it is expected that access to MADAP services at the pharmacy will be active the following day.
MADAP fax lines are operational and you may resume faxing to the fax lines listed here: 410-333-2608 and 410-244-8617. Here you will find a current listing for MADAP staff’s contact information.
For new and established clients:
- We have sent out recerts for clients that end in June. If you have already sent in your recertification application and supporting documents prior to receiving one in the mail, you do not have to return it. Please do not send duplicate copies of any document unless specifically requested. This slows our process down when sorting through and organizing our documents for processing.
- Please only send applications, recerts, and other supporting documents to the client services email address or through one of the fax lines. Please do not send to the specialists unless specifically requested to do so. This overloads their email box and makes it difficult to work through documents received.
- We can be reached via email at email@example.com.
- Those MADAP clients that are using temporary IDs should continue using that temporary ID until contacted by MADAP with the replacement permanent MADAP ID.
- We are working in our client database and updating it with client data collected over the last 5 months. This process may impact some eligibility dates and cause a 24 hour delay for some clients to receive their medication. Please contact us if your eligibility is current and you have been using services but you suddenly have an issue at the pharmacy so that we can confirm the issue and provide an expected time of availability of medication. Typically, it will be available the next day.
- The clients with terminated Aetna Silver Script policies that were reported to us have been reinstated. If you/your client’s Aetna Silver Script policy has been terminated, please contact us so that we may assist in the reinstatement of the policy.
- If you receive a refund check from your insurance plan, and you have not made any payments toward your premium, please contact MADAP before you cash the check so that we can reconcile the check appropriately.
Our office phone numbers have been forwarded to our cell phones. It is not necessary to call both lines, as they will only ring to one phone.
Find network incident and restoration updates here. You may also refer to our website for access to current applications, a copy of this notice (and previous notices), and other program details.
We appreciate your patience, understanding, flexibility, and more than all, your encouragement as we worked through and continue to work through this matter. Please continue to check our website for the most current information on MADAP operations.
For any questions or concerns that you may have, please contact the MADAP office at 410-767-6535 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.