Integrating Community Health Workers into Healthcare Teams
May 10, 2023
May 10, 2024
AAPA, ACPE, AMA, ANCC, ASWB, APA, IPCE, ADA
There is no fee for this educational activity.
Universal Activity Number
This webinar covers the role of community health workers (CHWs) in improving health outcomes, strategies for integrating CHWs into clinical teams, effective communication and collaboration with CHWs, and best practices for supervision and training. The faculty will discuss potential benefits and challenges of integrating CHWs into the clinical workforce. This presentation also reviews the necessary tools for healthcare professionals to collaborate effectively with CHWs in the interest of improving healthcare access and outcomes for their patients.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Describe the role of community health workers in improving healthcare access, health outcomes, and health equity.
- Identify the essential skills, knowledge, and qualities of effective community health workers.
- Identify the challenges and benefits of integrating community health workers into healthcare teams.
- Describe how to collaborate and communicate effectively with community health workers to achieve shared goals.
- Identify strategies for integrating community health workers into healthcare teams.
- Explain the importance of cultural humility and sensitivity in working with diverse populations.
- Identify strategies for building cultural responsiveness among healthcare teams.
Faculty: Mellanese Alexander, CCHW
Mellanese Alexander is a Certified Community Health Worker (CCHW). She has a passion for community engagement, education, and prevention services. She believes that educating members of the community on healthy lifestyle choices empowers them to make the best decisions for themselves and their families.