Alive! Maryland TelePrEP in Practice
May 17, 2023
May 17, 2024
AAPA, ACPE, AMA, ANCC, ASWB, APA, IPCE, ADA
There is no fee for this educational activity.
Universal Activity Number
TelePrEP is a service that provides pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) medication to individuals at risk of contracting HIV via remote telemedicine appointments. It allows patients to receive PrEP medication and support from a healthcare provider without having to visit a clinic in person, making it more convenient and accessible.
This webinar covers the benefits of telePrEP, as well as strategies and best practices for integrating telePrEP into your organization’s services.
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Discuss how telehealth has transformed access to quality HIV prevention services.
- Identify aspects of provider readiness to deliver telePrEP, including availability of telehealth technical resources for providers.
- Describe opportunities and strategies to leverage existing resources and infrastructure development to support the extension/utilization of telehealth services for PrEP by the healthcare team.
- Describe model practices for the delivery of effective and engaging telePrEP services, including hybrid (in-person and virtual) models.
- Christopher Hall, MD, MS, AAHIVS
Chief Medical Officer and Clinician, Avita Care Solutions and QCarePlus.com
- Keith Taylor
RTS / PrEP Coordinator, Staywell Health Center