- This event has passed.
Bright, Brilliant, and Burnt-Out: Recognize. Reset. Reconnect.
September 22, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
The subject of burn-out among healthcare providers has received significant attention in public discourse over the last two years. From the ripple effects of COVID-19 to low salaries for high workloads, the reasons for staff burn-out vary greatly between organizations. Strategies to prevent burn-out and support staff across all levels of the healthcare workforce must therefore address the structure and culture of an organization.
Join Alive! Maryland on Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 1:00pm EDT for a session on the causes and consequences of burn-out among healthcare providers. Speaker Ebony Johnson, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging and public health strategist, will explore how workplace culture affects staff’s motivation, engagement, and mental health. She will also outline the roles and responsibilities of different organizational levels in preventing burn-out by prioritizing providers’ mental health and well-being.
At the conclusion of this session, you will be able to:
- Describe how to create a safe and open space for examining organizational work culture.
- Identify disparities between workplace policies and practices.
- Discuss leadership strategies that foster a positive work environment and promote staff well-being.
- Provide self-care techniques to promote “healing for the healers.”
- Outline the benefits of healthy work-life balance.
- Explain the relationship between healthcare providers’ workplace satisfaction and positive health outcomes among clients.
Continuing education credits are available for this webinar, pending accreditation.